(NEW YORK, NY — January 11, 2017)
Following a year of tremendous growth, Open Road Integrated Media CEO Paul Slavin announced today a series of changes in the structure of its executive team to continue its evolution into a powerful digital media and marketing company.
- Julie Blattberg has been promoted to VP, Strategic Operations and Chief of Staff to the CEO. With more than a decade of experience in digital media, Julie has been instrumental in many of our key initiatives, including metadata excellence and leading digital development projects. In her new role, she is recognized formally as chief of staff, strategizing and executing on special projects and corporate matters, and will focus on building our newest digital business, Worth Books.
- Brian Haley has been promoted to VP, Technology. An innovative and effective leader, Brian came to Open Road from Crain’s and built a sharp team of engineers who consistently deliver technologies and platforms that enable Open Road to scale and grow our business. Brian will continue to run our technology operations, and product and project management teams.
- Mary McAveney has been promoted to EVP, Marketing. A publishing veteran with marketing, strategy, and branding experience, Mary has radically transformed the way we market and sell content, resulting in strong revenue performance for the company. As EVP, Marketing, she will continue to lead the way for Open Road’s direct-to-consumer marketing and CRM, SEM for sites and newsletters, and retail merchandising.
- Matt Shatz has been promoted to EVP, Revenue. A digital media executive, he has held senior positions at Random House, Nokia, and Oyster; he most recently served as SVP, Sales and Business Development at Open Road. As EVP, Revenue, Matt is responsible for retail relationships, forging strategic business partnerships, programmatic ad sales, special sales, pricing and planning, and digital business development. His efforts played a key role in generating incremental revenues for Open Road in 2016.
- Daniel Shemesh has been promoted to SVP, Finance. With an accounting background that includes key positions in new-media startups and global financial services companies, Daniel’s expertise has enabled Open Road to streamline all areas of our financial practice. His oversight of our growing data and analytics operation, as well HR services, will continue to contribute greatly to our future success.
- Tina Pohlman, our EVP and Publisher continues to lead our flagship Open Road Media publishing program, bringing prominent authors to our catalog, and fostering relationships with existing partners and authors. Tina’s finely tuned acquisition strategy has resulted in seventeen New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers in 2016.