An Enhanced Ebook that Connects the People to Marley’s Legendary Music
Enhanced Ebook Features A Collection of Marley Poems, Meditations and Lyrics Selected by Cedella Marley
Multimedia Content Includes Video, Never Before Seen Photos, Social Features and Ability To Access Marley’s Songs through iTunes and Amazon
(January 31st, 2011) Open Road Integrated Media, a digital publisher and multimedia content company, announced today the launch of Listen to Bob Marley: The Man, The Music, The Revolution, an enhanced ebook featuring a collection of Marley’s lyrics and sayings as chosen by Cedella Marley.
Listen to Bob Marley is the best of Bob Marley presented in three parts: “The Man,” giving insight into the life of Bob Marley; “The Music,” comprising his most memorable lyrics; and “The Revolution,” containing his meditations on social equality and the Rastafari movement. The book includes a wide range of multimedia content and enhanced features to connect with Marley’s music including:
- An introduction by Cedella Marley, Bob Marley’s first born child who has dedicated herself to keeping his message and memory alive
- The ability to access Bob Marley songs through iTunes and Amazon
- Social features like the option to directly tweet out favorite passages, lyrics and quotes and grab content to share on Facebook pages
- A two-minute exclusive video featuring Cedella Marley speaking about her father’s writing and his message of peace and unity
- Dozens of high-quality iconic photographs from Cedella’s personal collection
Cedella said: “This ebook features my personal selection of my father’s most powerful songs and lyrics and I hope it provides new and existing fans with an original way of experiencing his work. We are excited to embrace the latest technology to further my father’s message and vision.”
Barbara Marcus, an advisor to Open Road, said: “Open Road believes in enhancing but not disrupting the reading experience and that is exactly what we have done with Listen to Bob Marley. We are proud to work with Cedella Marley on an interactive ebook that helps readers connect with her father’s legendary music.”
The enhanced editions will be available on Apple’s iBookstore, Barnes and Noble Nook and Kindle AV platforms. The traditional version, which will include the text, photos and an illustrated bio, will be available at all etailers. (Click here to pick up links to all retailers.)
Download a PDF of the full release here.